7 Things To Do In North Sardinia
North Sardinia is a beautiful and diverse region with plenty of activities for visitors to enjoy. Here are some popular things to do in north-eastern Sardinia:
- Visit the Costa Smeralda: This beautiful stretch of coastline is known for its turquoise waters, white sand beaches and luxurious villas. Visitors can enjoy sunbathing, swimming, and water sports, such as kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding
- Explore the La Maddalena Archipelago: This stunning group of 7 islands is located just off the coast of north-eastern Sardinia and is a popular destination for snorkeling, diving and boating.
- A boat trip to Tavolara and Molara natural pools: a great itinerary that includes stops in Tavolara, Doctor’s Beach, Wreck Chrisso and Cala Girgolu and Capo Coda Cavallo
- Visit the Nuraghe Albucciu: This ancient nuraghe – a stone tower – is one of the best-preserved examples of this type of monument and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Hike the Parco Nazionale del Golfo di Orosei e del Gennargentu: This stunning national park is home to diverse landscapes, including rugged mountains, pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters and is popular for hiking, birdwatching and picnicking.
- Take a scenic drive along the Costa Paradiso: This breathtaking coastal road winds its way along the north coast of Sardinia, offering stunning views of the sea, the mountains and the surrounding countryside.
- Enjoy local cuisine: North-eastern Sardinia is home to some of the island’s best cuisine, including traditional dishes such as culurgiones (stuffed pasta), pecorino sardo (sheep’s milk cheese) and porcetto (spit-roasted suckling pig).
Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, explore the outdoors or experience the local culture and cuisine, north Sardinia, Costa Smeralda and Capo Coda Cavallo have something for everyone.
Find A Seafront Villa In Sardinia
Find the perfect villa, luxury homes, exclusive residences to experience Sardinia